Friday, November 19, 2010

Wow, what a pretty day

On my way to work this morning I spotted mallards, and a great blue heron, and a little carolina wren sung to me as I was leaving my house.  All blessings.  I saw four eastern towhees yesterday and several cardinals, robins, and a red shouldered hawk.  I've spent a little extra time this week "bird watching", especially in Levi Jackson Park.   My granddaughter, Abi, and I, saw 5 deers, 4 squirrels, a red bellied and a pileated woodpecker on one outing.  She's three and getting to be quite the bird lover.  With the changing weather be looking for yellow bellied sapsuckers as well as look on any water you're near for ducks as they are migrating thru.   Just take a little extra time to realize all the beauty around you, it's such a treat

No comments:

Post a Comment